Angling Scotland is a new administrative body offering opportunity, support, protection and effective governance to Anglers in Scotland, combining the forces of the Scottish governing bodies for Coarse, Game and Sea Angling and their members.
Angling Scotland will support the development and infrastructure of angling for all three disciplines leaving the governing bodies (SANA, SFCA and SFSA) in their current constitutional formats to focus on the management and representation of their own discipline specific matters, retaining affiliation to their respective international federations.
The Board of Directors will be lead by an independent chairman, Ian Robertson and the board will initially comprise one representative of the discipline governing bodies. Individual and club members will retain membership of their discipline specific body, but will automatically become members of Angling Scotland.
Initially, Angling Scotland will have two part-time staff members, based out of offices in Kinross.
In Autumn 2017, Angling Scotland presented its strategy 2017 – 2021, setting out the following key objectives:-
- To offer strategic guidance and enable key partnerships
- To encourage participation through the member network
- To facilitate the management of regulations of the sport disciplines
- To establish single codes of ethics, equality, inclusion, protection of vulnerable groups
- To educate coaches and leaders
- To develop pathways into angling in Scotland
- To support the training of participants
- To generate and manage Angling Scotland investments